Terms of Service
February 14, 2019
Welcome to the Smart IPO Guide website located at www.smartipoguide.com. Please read these Terms of Service carefully because they govern your use of our Site. By using our Site and services that may be made available through our Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms. Please contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
Ownership of Copyrights and Usage Restrictions
The works of authorship contained in this Site, including but not limited to all designs, text, and images, are owned, except as otherwise expressly stated, by Smart IPO Guide or its licensors. The entire contents of this Site are protected by United Kingdom and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. In accordance with these Terms, except as stated herein, you may not:
- Copy, reproduce, modify, use, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or exploit in any way material from this Site other than as part of this Site without Smart IPO Guide express written consent.
- Copy, modify or display Airbase’s trademarks, names or logos appearing on this Site in any way without Smart IPO Guide express written consent
- Redeliver any of the pages, text, images or other content of this Site using "framing" technology without Smart IPO Guide express written consent.
Where a feature of this Site is configured to enable the download of particular material or content, you may download one copy of such material or content to a single computer for your personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you (a) keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, (b) make no modifications to the material or content, and (c) do not use the material or content in a manner that suggests an association with any of Smart IPO Guide products, services or brand. Any commercial use, "remailing" or high-volume or automated use of this Site is prohibited. You must abide by all copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in or attached to any material or content. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any intellectual property right of Smart IPO Guide except as expressly granted herein.
Smart IPO Guide registered in the Inited Kingdom and other jurisdictions. To the extent a trademark, service mark, name or logo is not listed here, such omission does not constitute a waiver of any kind and all intellectual property rights that Smart IPO Guide has established in any such trademark, service mark, name or logo shall remain solely with Smart IPO Guide or its subsidiaries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
You agree that by submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Site, services, or Smart IPO Guide, Smart IPO Guide may use such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you. We appreciate all of your feedback and suggestions, and you can submit feedback by emailing us at support@Smartipoguide.com.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13; if you are a child under 13, please do not attempt to send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Modifications to Terms of Service
We may modify these Terms at any time, in our sole discretion. If we do so, we'll let you know either by posting the modified Terms on the Site or through other communications. The information and materials contained in this Site, and these Terms, are subject to change without notice. We suggest that you check these Terms periodically for changes. If you don't agree to be bound by the modified Terms then you may no longer use the Site.
You further agree not to do any of the following:
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, Smart IPO Guide computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Smart IPO Guide providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Smart IPO Guide system, network, this Site, or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Airbase or any of Airbase's providers or any other third party (including another visitor) to protect the Site;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing an Smart IPO Guide trademark, logo, URL or product name without Smart IPO Guide express written consent;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Please read this section carefully as it may affect your legal rights and your right to file a lawsuit in court, your right to a jury trial and your right to participate in a class action.
Unless otherwise agreed to by both parties in writing, you and Smart IPO Guide agree that, in order to expedite and control the cost of any disputes, any legal or equitable claim arising out of or relating in any way to your use of the Site, or arising out of or relating to these Terms ("Claim") will be resolved as follows:
- Informal Dispute Resolution. Except with respect to Claims listed in Section 7.6, below, you and Smart IPO Guide agree to attempt to resolve any disputes informally before initiating any arbitration or other formal proceedings, and neither of us may start an arbitration or other formal proceeding for at least 30 days after you contact us or we contact you regarding any dispute ("Informal Negotiation Period").
- Agreement to Arbitrate. If such dispute is not resolved within 30 days, you or Airbase may initiate a formal arbitration proceeding in accordance with the terms in this Section. Except with respect to Claims listed in Section 7.6 below, you and Airbase agree to resolve any Claims relating to or arising from the Site through final and binding arbitration in accordance with the terms in this Section.
- Arbitration Notice. If either you or Smart IPO Guide chooses to start an arbitration proceeding, the party initiating the proceeding will send a notice of its Claim ("Arbitration Notice") to the other party. You will send your Arbitration Notice by email to email@example.com.
- Arbitration Procedures. Any arbitration proceedings between you and us will be conducted under the commercial rules then in effect for the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), except with respect to the provision of this agreement which bars class actions and any specific rules and procedures explicitly discussed in this Section 7.4. The award rendered by the arbitrator(s) shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable costs of expert and other witness and reasonable attorneys' fees. For claims less than $10,000, we will advance to you AAA's filing fees; provided, however, that such fees must be repaid to Smart IPO Guide if Smart IPO Guide prevails in the arbitration. Please see this link for the AAA's current rules and procedures or contact the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.
- Non-Appearance-Based Arbitration Option. Except with respect to the exceptions to arbitration below, for Claims where the total amount of the award sought in arbitration is less than $10,000, the party seeking the award may choose non-appearance-based arbitration. If non-appearance-based arbitration is elected, the arbitration will be conducted online, by telephone, and/or solely based on written submissions to the arbitrator. The specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating arbitration. Non-appearance-based arbitration involves no personal appearances by parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed to by the parties.
- Exceptions to the Agreement to Arbitrate.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Arbitration Notice requirement and the Informal Negotiation Period do not apply to either lawsuits solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use of the Site or lawsuits concerning copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, patents, trade secrets, claims of piracy or unauthorized use of the Site.
- Opting Out of the Agreement to Arbitrate. You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the binding agreement to arbitrate provided in these Terms by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order for your opting out to be valid, your notice must be sent within 30 days of first using the Site.
- No Class Actions. Unless you and Smart IPO Guide agree otherwise, you may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis. Class actions, class arbitrations, private attorney general actions and consolidations with other Claims are not allowed. Neither you nor Smart IPO Guide may not consolidate a Claim or Claims as a plaintiff or a class member in a class action, a consolidated action or a representative action.
- Consent to Jurisdiction. If the agreement to arbitrate provided for in these Terms is found not to apply to you or your Claim, or if you or Smart IPO Guide challenges any arbitration award or seeks to have an arbitration award enforced, you and Smart IPO Guide agree that any judicial proceeding will be brought in the federal or state courts located in San Francisco, CA. You and Smart IPO Guide consent and agree to both venue and personal jurisdiction in the federal and state courts located in San Francisco, CA.
- Release from Third-Party Claims. Because Smart IPO Guide is not party to any agreements between you and any third parties, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more other third parties, as applicable (each, an "Other Party"), you agree to address such dispute directly with the Other Party in question and you release Smart IPO Guide (and our officers, directors, agents, investors, subsidiaries, and employees from any and all claims, demands, or damages (actual or consequential)) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such sites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for, and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
To the maximum extent allowable by law and except as expressly provided in these terms, if applicable to you, the site is provided "As is," without warranty of any kind. Without limiting the foregoing, we explicitly disclaim any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, quiet enjoyment and non-infringement and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade. Smart IPO Guide explicitly disclaims all liability for any act or omission of any third party. Except with respect to the limited warranty contained herein, we make no warranty that the Site will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of the Site or services we provide.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that neither Smart IPO Guide nor its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensors or agents will be liable for any lost profits or any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, compensatory, or punitive damages, including without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, business interruption, use, data, or other intangible losses, even if Smart IPO Guide, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensors or agents have been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from the use or inability to use this site or any other matter relating to this site. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain categories of damages, the above limitation may not apply to you. In such jurisdictions, this limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by the law of such jurisdiction.
In no event will Smart IPO Guide total liability arising out of or in connection with these terms or from the use this site exceed ten dollars ($10). The limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between Smart IPO Guide and you.
Any cause of action related to the Terms must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arises. Otherwise, such cause of action is barred permanently.
You will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Smart IPO Guide and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against, and covenant not to sue them for any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your violation of these Terms. Airbase reserves the right to control and conduct the defense of any matter subject to indemnification under these Terms. If Smart IPO Guide decides to control or conduct any such defense, you agree to cooperate with Smart IPO Guide requests in assisting Smart IPO Guide defense of such matters.
Assignment. You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Smart IPO Guide prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms without such consent will be null and of no effect. Smart IPO Guide may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Governing Law. The Terms and the relationship between you and Smart IPO Guide shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom.
Notices. Any notices or other communications provided by Smart IPO Guide under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given by Smart IPO Guide: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Site. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
Waiver and Severability. Smart IPO Guide failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Smart IPO Guide. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise. If any of these Terms is unenforceable, it will not affect the enforceability of the rest of the Terms.
If you have any questions about these Terms please contact us at email@example.com